Dysbiosis is an intestinal-tract based shoot-'em-up supported by Wellcome Trust as the winning entry into their "Gamify Your PhD" game jam event.
The intestine is a safe haven for trillions of good bacteria that live in symbiosis with it. They form a delicate community, known as the intestinal microflora. Changes to the intestinal microflora - such as the expansion of bad bacteria or the loss of essential good bacteria - are called Dysbiosis.
Fire antimicrobial peptides from the intestinal cell wall at oncoming bacteria. Use antibiotics and absorb vitamins. Maintain a healthy balance inside the gut!
- 3 game chapters -- Healthy, Inflamed & IBD/Crohn's Disease.
- 3 enemy types -- E-coli, Salmonella & Campylobacter.
- Play with Keyboard, Mouse or Game Controller.
- MUCUS PARTY bonus event.
- Online Highscores.
- Game designed around real intestinal immunology studies.
- Links to learn more about the specific scientific concepts featured in the game.
You Must Login to Score
What'cha waiting for? Sign up!
You must be logged in to post a comment.