Dysbiosis is an intestinal-tract based shoot-'em-up supported by Wellcome Trust as the winning entry into their "Gamify Your PhD" game jam event.
The intestine is a safe haven for trillions of good bacteria that live in symbiosis with it. They form a delicate community, known as the intestinal microflora. Changes to the intestinal microflora - such as the expansion of bad bacteria or the loss of essential good bacteria - are called Dysbiosis.
Fire antimicrobial peptides from the intestinal cell wall at oncoming bacteria. Use antibiotics and absorb vitamins. Maintain a healthy balance inside the gut!
- 3 game chapters -- Healthy, Inflamed & IBD/Crohn's Disease.
- 3 enemy types -- E-coli, Salmonella & Campylobacter.
- Play with Keyboard, Mouse or Game Controller.
- MUCUS PARTY bonus event.
- Online Highscores.
- Game designed around real intestinal immunology studies.
- Links to learn more about the specific scientific concepts featured in the game.
You Must Login to Score
What'cha waiting for? Sign up!
Posted By Chris Priestman 8/27/2013
The idea of turning your PhD into a game, as was the ask of the “Gamify Your PhD” game jam, seems like a pretty daunting task. The event was held last September, and the winning entry was an intestinal arcade shmup called Dysbiosis, which was then granted some support by Wellcome Trust so it could be finished.
You must be logged in to post a comment.