A story-driven dungeon crawler in which the layout of the dungeon is randomly generated, A Hint of a Tint is a game about collecting loot and using it. You'll either use your items or you'll die! It features a simple to understand game system and friendly interface geared for players unfamiliar with roguelikes, as well as an epic fantasy story full of twists and unusual themes.
Mandy, a freshman in college, suddenly finds herself lost in a world where the semi-human creatures she meets all insist she was newly created by a device they refer to as the "Spawn Symbol". Nobody seems to believe her when she tells them that she has memories of her past. How can she have been created when her memories of her life up to this point are so vivid? Mandy's search for answers in the mazelike Isterway Sanctuary grows increasingly urgent as she comes to learn that there is no drinkable water anywhere to be found. Will she ever leave this maze alive?
- Story Mode alternates between tightly constructed story scenes and open dungeon-crawling sequences. You can continue upon death.
- Survival Mode lets you play as one of the characters in the story in an attempt to crawl as deep into the dungeon as you can. Death is permanent.
- Traditional roguelike gameplay including turn-based exploration/combat, an identification system, loot can be thrown at enemies, etc.
- Collect and equip critters that grant varies perks and abilities.
- Fast travel to previously explored areas is facilitated by a network of doors waiting to be discovered.
- Hostile creatures can be dealt with in a variety of ways, for instance, bribing them with gifts to persuade them to ignore you...or fight on your side.
- Unlock new playable characters for Survival Mode by playing both modes.
Keyboard is supported, but joystick is recommended.
You must be logged in to post a comment.