Legends tell of the savior of our kind, the Horseless Headless Horsebot known by the name Ichabot Crane. Upon being separated from its mount by a powerful adversary, Ichabot was imprisoned within a dark dungeon. All hope seemed lost for Ichabot until one day, when a portal appeared within the cell. A voice from beyond came from the portal, offering Ichabot a chance at escaping its fate if Ichabot could, in turn, prove its worth to this mysterious benefactor. So begins the tale of Ichabot's escape from the evil space dungeon to freedom.
Ichobot Crane is an open-source, Global Game Jam 2014 (#ggj14) entry from American University at Washington, D.C., made by a team of 5. It's a first-person puzzle game like Portal that involves using your head...by throwing it.
Ichobot Crane controls like a typical first-person shooter:
- WASD or arrow keys to move
- Move the mouse to look around
- Space to jump
- Click the left-mouse button to throw Ichabot's head
After Ichabot's head is thrown, the controls changes a bit
- Move the mouse to look around (useful for finding where Ichabot's body is)
- WASD or arrow keys to move Ichabot's body
- Space to make Ichabot's body to jump
- Click the left-mouse button to hop in the direction the head is looking at
- Click the left-mouse button when Ichabot's body is near the head to pick the head back onto the body