Saru No Ai!
Super Simian Deluxe Saga
An Emiya Shirou Productions Ltd. Game
Saru No Ai! Super Simian Deluxe Saga is a simple game inspired by the bonus levels in Sega's Flicky. It was made by a team of several people for the G&D Game Design Competition II at www.gamingw.net. The graphics and music used in the game are all original.
The Sky is raining monkeys, and you are asked to collect them in a garbage truck. That's it.
The goal of the game is to collect monkeys by using the mouse (or the keyboard in Keyboard mode) to move the truck left and right, while avoiding certain obstacles such as cows and rocks. If you get any banana, you can shoot it using the left mouse button or the space key. Depending on the type of monkey you collect, you get a certain number of points (as indicated on the title screen). You lose points for monkeys that hit the ground, and also for hitting obstacles (cows/rocks). If you get a high enough score you can fight a special boss, and if you beat it your highest score is recorded. There are no gameovers or levels. It's a short and simple game made for fun.
- Move the mouse to move the truck in Mouse mode
- Left and Right arrow keys move the truck in Keyboard mode
- Left mouse button or Space key shoot bananas, if you have any
- Enter/Space/Left-Mouse can be used to skip the intro and title/credit screens
- F1 shows game information (what you're reading now)
- F4 toggles fullscreen mode
- F12 restarts the game
You can change options through the Options Screen (press Shift key in Title Screen) or by manually modifying the file config.ini which is automatically created in the game folder when you run the game. The following is an explanation of the various options:
- Input Mode: Specifies how the truck is controlled in the game. Available options are Mouse (default) and Keyboard.
- Game Speed: Used to control the speed of falling objects as well as the truck. A value from 5-15, with 10 as the default.
- Background: The game's background image. It could be City, Mountains, or Random (default) to let the game decide.
- Full Screen: If the value is True, the game is played in full screen mode. If it is False the game is played in a window.
- Mouse input mode is preferred to Keyboard input mode because of the gained accuracy.
- It is recommended that you play in full screen when using Mouse input mode to reduce the chance of the mouse getting out of the game screen and activating some other background window (believe me, it happens)
- If you get a high enough score (which is not really that high) you get to fight a boss and record your score.
- The fire ball released by the boss can really hurt your score, so try to avoid it.
- Pay attention to the figures on the title screen to know the value of each object you could collide into. Sometimes taking a hit isn't so bad.
- Only press Escape if you want to exit the entire game. Use F12 to simply restart the game and exit the Options Screen by selecting the BACK TO TITLE option and pressing Enter.
- Get a score of 100,000 and submit it to email@example.com to instantly win a life-size replica of the boss.
- Nessiah: Background graphics and sprites
- TFT: Graphics and ideas for the game's introduction
- Lars: Background music
- RPG: Coding and some sprites
You must be logged in to post a comment.