BBD Version 4.2 Released!
By ATH Connect on 6/20/2012
Gawd it's been a long wait...
I mean, hey guys! :D Finally got around to working on Ballland Battles Deluxe's new update, getting the game back to life after it's really long...server death :S
So, the list of MAJOR updates?
- NEW SERVER LOCATION! That's why the BBD server's been "down" for so long, the game didn't know the new location to connect to, so 4.2 will tell the game where the server is so we can get it back up. There's not much of a long freeze either waiting for it.
- Game is Now Internet-Independent! That means...it doesn't take [s]so freaking long/forever[/s] a while to get to the main menu. The game knows when you can access the BBD and GMech servers, and if your internet is down, you can still play the game smoothly, minus a few Internet-needed features such as GMech and BLBT Online.
- Laggy game= Disabling of some features temporarily that might be causing the lag, such as trials, particles like sparkling, too many sound effects, etc.
- X Button in windowed mode closes out the game, losing all your unsaved data :]
- A lot. And most were small changes you might not notice.
- Visual Effects like sparkling for 1st Placer, Frozen Player, and Rainbow Pinball.
- Stylish Glasses go on the player in first during the battle.
- Some changes to backgrounds, like the Stars.
- Music Effect for the player in first.
- Dead and Normal Music versions are much more in time sync when playing, versus the ~30 millisecond offset originally.
BBD Stage Editor Updates?
- Added more tiles to the tileset 2 for the BBD Stage Editor.
- WASD Keys slow-scroll in the BBDSE.
- Teeny graphics changes.
BLBT Online Updates?
- Glitchy IP Address renewed, it works now.
- Can't see IPs of other players in rooms.
- Different font for chat on BLBT Online.
- Waiting Music when waiting on others.
- New Option: Screen Redraw Rate can go up to 4 now, for less CPU, but more choppiness.
- If you don't want to switch resolution, the option to go windowed mode is also there for you. You can switch back to fullscreen in the options menu.
- Battle Headlines are known to lag the game if they stack up too high, took care of that.
Ehh let's see..
- Flying Items actually fly; shadows from them are seen and they fly over players instead of intercepting them.
- Rainbow Pinball....more destructive blast.
- Booms target the person closest to your score.
- Reds and Yellows don't chase when the target is far enough away.
- If you die, your score gets cut by a third. (Probably added that in a past update).
- GMech API Update.
Ehh that's about it. Lotta other changes I made, can't see em without playing :3
And to those who haven't played? What are you waiting on? Ballland Battles Deluxe is an amazing arcade game for both casual and hardcore gamers. With a nice training mode, 1-player and 2-player offline arcade mode, and up to 4 players online, many many stages and items, level editor, GMechanism, and great graphics, this game is definetely something to try out. You can never have the exact same battle twice, and with the numerous options to customize your battles, you can always switch it up whenever just 3 CPUs aren't enough.
Viewed 104 Times
You must be logged in to post a comment.