NEWS: Ruins Update is out!
NEWEST UPDATE: 0.8.3.2
A top-down action game designed around procedural generation, a large variety of weapons, and unlockable content wrapped in a parody about time travel.
Take control of a scientist who tries to escape a sudden Apocalypse through his time machine, only for the machine to malfunction and dump him in a distorted version of Earth, filled with just about everything that wants to kill you!
This is the alpha version of Earth Overclocked. The full version will be released on Desura at a later date. The full version won't be available on Game Jolt at any time because commercial games aren't allowed on this website.
Alpha Release Features
- Explore Distorted Earth and find the pieces of your broken time machine before it's too late.
- Support for XInput gamepads (Xbox 360 and other newer gamepads).
- Procedural generation. No two runs are the same! (Well, it's possible I guess, but you will probably have a better chance of being struck by lightning.)
- Extremely challenging, sometimes unfair, gameplay. Expect to die. A lot. Don't worry, dying is half the fun!
- Fully explorable overworld with 5 biomes.
- Fully explorable dungeons. 2.1 dungeons (yes, you read that right) are generated in each run.
- 20 unique weapons, 2 of them unlockable. Weapons have random stats and 'names.'
- 15 (mostly) powerful foes. They have random stats, too!
- 7 tough bosses, and you can fight up to four of them per run (assuming you last that long). Unfortunately, they don't have random stats, nor is it planned. Life is unfair.
- Easy-to-manage dual equipment system.
- Local high scores. See who in your family is the worst!
- An options menu.
- Maniacally Awesome Weapon Name Generator Of Pain (It's completely useless, to be honest.)
- No time paradoxes!
|Developer: Guys and a Box|
|Status: In Development|
|Engine/Language: Game Maker: Studio|
|Visit Game's Web Site|