THE CONTEST HAS BEEN EXTENDED FOR 5 HOURS AND ENDS AT MIDNIGHT, EST.
Judging has begun, and ends this friday!
To help keeping this place alive, I've decided to start up a contest lasting 10 days.
The contest was supposed to start at the date of this post, but it's postponed and starts at 0 AM Friday the 18th of May, ending at midnight of Sunday the 27th. GMT.
The theme: WEAPONS!
You thought I'd change it, didn't you?
- $10, transferred using Paypal, or any Steam game for $10 or less.
- One refined metal OR 2 weapons from my collection for TF2 (Optional)
- Possibly you'll get your game featured here on Game Jolt - Depends on if the mods allow it.
- Any Steam game for $5 or less, contributed by ShadowWolf
- A free copy of Portal
- The 2nd prize left over. If the 2nd place winner picks Portal, you get to pick a game for <$5 or vice versa.
If you're feeling generous, prize donations are still accepted!
- Please attempt not to use any content created before the content started. Game libaries and DLLs are okay in most cases.
- Post the source code of the game along with the executable, or mail it to me if you don't want people to see how you do your stuff. Remember that releasing source code to the public most likely lets someone learn something from what you've made.
- Avoid setup dialouges whenever possible.
- For the game to win the contest, it needs to incorporate the theme in a truly innovating way.
As for tools, use anything you like, as long as the game is able to run from a single file; no big libaries that need to be installed or anything alike. I personally prefer Game Maker for this kind of developing as it's very quick and easy to use.
Entrants: cmasupra, Roboguy, Link3000, GCshepard, SethOsborn, turboRamble, Fenyx
Judges: Me, ShadowWolf and Spydog. Mods can judge, too, if they feel like it!
Also, adversite this thing! Get Game Jolt known in the universe of indie!
Last edited on May 27, 2012 - 07:10 PM by BK-TN