After some delay I finished the first iteration of the new library ... but I think I over-engineered it a bit.
Here is the current documentation: http://www.maus-games.at/files/gamejolt/
and here the full library: http://gamejolt.com/games/other/game-jolt-api-c-library/15490/
The current main features are:
Game Jolt API Access
Data Caching and Prefetching
I also mentioned multi-threading last time, but now it only uses the multi-interface from cURL to keep it more stable and easier to use.
If anything is wrong, bad or should be changed please let me know, especially about licensing parts and name calling (I initially used the zlib-license with reference to the terms of Game Jolt, and I mentioned all major contributors from this thread for special thanks).
Also I would like to update it from time to time (ongoing support), especially when the next API version is released. If anybody else wants to contribute, just message me, the whole thing is Open Source.
I also found some bugs and odd behaviors, the two major are:
http://gamejolt.com/api/doc/game/scores/tables/ returns deleted score tables and there is no way to identify them, except if you try to use them, then the API returns a failure-message.
http://gamejolt.com/api/doc/game/data-store/ The other one is the max size of a data store item. I tried different values, and came to a max size of around 8kb per item, but the API doc says 16mb per item. If I try to send more data with one call the API returns success but does not display the item, and returns an error if I want to retrieve it (so it may not save it).
This is a problem within the C++ library and will be updated soon.
Hope I did not forget anything and that everything is alright.
Again special thanks to CROS, erakko and Ashley.
Last edited on February 7, 2014 - 04:33 PM by Maus