LIST OF FINISHED GAMES:
Now, don't sh!t your pants. Game Jolt is hosting an official competition with indie(Function);!
Contest Poster created by Ashley.
The competition will be hosted here at Game Jolt by the site and the recently popular indie(Function); organization. This competition's plan is to raise activity over here at Game Jolt and provide some fun for the community. This post is going to be short and to the point, we're not going to waste your time because you probably have already soiled yourself from excitement and need to change.
When is going to happen?!
AUGUST 20TH - SEPTEMBER 24TH
This competition will run for approximately a month! Yeah, this isn't just a weekend jam. This is a full blown competition! Generally, the longer it is, the more time developers have to come up with good game ideas and actually have time to perfect their work. Now, let's look at what prizes we have laying around:
- Take your favorite song
- Make it into a game
- Publish it here at GameJolt!
- Now, there are some rules to this...
1. This theme is VERY open ended. Take the theme how you want. Make a game off the lyrics of your favorite song, the theme of the song, or how it makes you feel (if it makes you wanna run and dance, make a game like Runman: Race Around the World!).
2. Do NOT use the song in your game if it is copyrighted. That is illegal!
3. The more creative you are with the theme, the more brownie points you get with us! Your game can relate to ANYTHING in the song. It could set the mood, inspire mechanics, story, etc.
4. Have fun! (And read the rest of the rules below)
- Top 3 games featured on Game Jolt
- Top 3 games featured on indie(Magazine);
- Top 3 games featured on indie(Radio);
- And quite possibly a cash prize for the 1st place game!
- roboguy: I have a copy of portal 1 via steam that I am donating to the prize pool.
The Rules: (These are the normal GJ Competition rules. Read the theme rules above)
- Your entry must be an original game created just for this contest.
- Your entry must relate to the chosen theme.
- Your entry must be playable on Windows.
- Collaborations are fine. Go for it with someone else! We like team work!
- Only one game submission per person/team.
- There are no restrictions on creation tools, libraries, file sizes or anything like that. We like diversity. Make it in Flash, make it in Construct, code it up from scratch yourself, we don't care.
- Pre-existing code bits are acceptable, but for this contest, we'd prefer you not to use premade game engines. Any code bits must have been made by you originally.
-(Some members didn't understand this, so here's an explination: Libraries such as FlashPunk and Flixel are fine. Game dev. tools like Game Maker, Unity, and Construct are also fine. Pre-made engines such as a platform engine, CryEngine, and other things that have pre-written code for you are not accepted.)
- No mandatory fullscreen or resolution changing. Can include a fullscreen/window switching option in-game. Games MUST start in a windowed mode.
- You're encouraged to place the contest poster in your game, although it's definitely not a requirement.
How to Enter:
To enter your game into the contest, you must upload the game to the main site. After doing that, reply to this forum post with the URL to your game.
Here's the list of judges. Wanna win? I heard they like cookies...
Spread the news! Let all your game development buddies know so they can freak out with you! More information coming later this week.
Last edited on August 7, 2012 - 10:54 PM by SomeKid