• Right, so, what seems like a long time ago I started work on a C# API for dotNet developers. That project kind of fell through the roof and killed my cat. So, to get around my anger I coded a game.

Now, I'm back, however, and am working, once again, on the C# API.

The source may be downloaded from the project page here: https://gamejolttrophies.codeplex.com/.

If you've got suggestions for what you want to see featured in the API leave it here, if you broke something and want to submit a bug, please do that  on Codeplex so I can sift through them easier.

More info will be availible as the project progresses. There should be a lot more by the end of the weekend.

If you are looking for documentation on how to use the API then check out the Documentation on Codeplex or read up on the documentation in the code. I've done my best to provide helpful comments.

Last edited on September 20, 2012 - 02:46 AM by runewake2

• I've put this up on the achievements landing page, rune. Which means you now have to finish it up! Mwuahaha... Innoccent

• Hey, everything but Highscores and Data Storage is done. But unfortunatly I don't get paid for this, so it kind of falls back to working on it only during free time on weekends etc. I've also been having this weird issue with threads that I'm working on fixing.

Also, I hope to have a .Net 4, 3, Silverlight, Metro and Windows Phone version availible by the time I call the project done.

Additionally roaming storage, which still needs some work, will have to be done for the final version. It would be nice if Game Jolt had a "Settings" API so that a user could store global settings for simple things like forward, backward, sideways, jump, attack, action, pause etc. That could be accessed by all games. That would pretty much do what my roaming storage does, except globally.

Anway, it should be working for .Net 4 by the end of this weekend. After that, I'll work on getting Silver Jolt finished with a Silverlight version, then move to more interesting things.

I'm sure I'll think of other ways to abuse this system while I work in order to get really weird things. Like statistics tracking for example. The API's Add function will prove useful here. :)

Edit: ... but Cros ... Torchlight 2 is coming out ... my weekend might be .... busy.

Last edited on September 20, 2012 - 01:05 AM by runewake2

• @runewake2: aside from games, I work mainly with C# (computer vision applied to medicine). If you get stuck with those threads or anything else feel free to ask :)

• Well, the thing is... I use a Timer to keep your session open, the Timer runs every 30 seconds, and works as long as I'm debugging, however, when I remove my breakpoint the session eventually times out. As in, Game Jolt closes the session. No idea why that is happening, but it's annoying. If you have suggestions, let me know.

That is the only real problem I've found so far.

• If you ping every 5 seconds instead, does Game Jolt keep the session open?

• Yes, that does seem to fix the problem, though I'm not sure if the time was the issue. Oddly, when debugging I got the time in a session up to about 5 minutes. Then I removed the breakpoint and soon the session was failing. I believe the issue might be that code might not be executing in a console application while the window is deselected. But for now, it seems to be working, so I'll upload the fix, and mark the bug as fixed. Should be finishing the rest of the API this weekend, assuming no big issues get in the way. I might even get roaming storage started.

I see I already have two users, so gotta get this done to make them happy. :D

Hoping to branch out the project to something that supports silverlight, XNA and 3.0. Also I'll be building some DLL's to fill that barren Downloads page.

• Hmm, I was suggesting every 5 seconds to test it. I wouldn't keep it as 5 seconds in the production code. Try something like 20 seconds instead.

• I thought I replied to this. Anyway, as you can see with SilverJolt, my Silverlight test project. Sessions are now working just fine. I should also note that I have left it up to the developer to decide the period between session updates. However, I have bumped it back to 30 seconds for now, seems to be working. Alas, I did have stuff to do this weekend, though oddly not Torchlight 2 related, that prevented the Data Storage and Highscores from being finished. Maybe next weekend?

Friends {{client.onlineFriendsCount}}/{{client.offlineFriendsCount}}

People Online:

Room Users {{client.usersOnline.length}}

: