In two weeks, you can enter to develop a game that will be recognized as Awesome!
The competition begins on Sunday – July 1st and ends Saturday – July 28th. Entries must be submitted the Monday – July 23d.
Attendance/Entry in the Competition must be marked before July 7th.
Theme + Challenge:
Blue Comp #1 has no theme, just a challenge:
Include an angry rabbit into the game anyway you want.
(Not required to qualify.)
[b]What is Blue Comp?[/b]
What is Blue Comp? Blue Comp is a game development competition where your imagination is paramount. Blue Comp happens every two months, each time the prizes are different, the development time length is new, and the challenges/themes are always insane. Anyone can enter Blue Comp using any development software they wish. Blue Comp also features awards for more than one entry. A bit of a stretch from other online competitions.
Blue Comp Rules:
1. All in game content must be created by you/your team. But you are allowed to use content of other origins as long as you have permission to use it from the original creator/Licence holder.
2. Your game is not required to follow the theme. If you are having trouble coming up with ideas though, the theme could help you in a jam.
3. You must have checked in before the recorded Attendance/Entry date.
4. while it is tempting to use programming you have created prior, it is recommended to start from scratch for each competition as entries that contain work created before Blue Comp gets disqualified.
5. There are no programming language/game engine restrictions except that the game must run on Windows 7. Additionally, Your game shouldn’t require installation of any additional software (Talk to an Admin if you feel your entry requires extra drivers/software attached).
6. Don’t cheat. While some of the other rules already cover this, there are many different ways to cheat. In order to not defame yourself and become disqualified, it is best to not cheat in the first place.
7. Your game must not be libelous, harmful, threatening, harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, sexually explicit, pornographic, obscene, defamatory or objectionable, in “our” opinion. (Don’t worry, we’re open minded.)
8. If you and other users are entering as a team, every member of the team must check in.
9. Atodev’s administrators reserve the right to modify the rules as require/see fit in a completely fair and just manner.
Any questions you have will be addressed asap.
Thief: Gold, II- The metal age, and III – Deadly shadows
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Tomb Radier: 1, 2 ,3
World of Goo
10,000 Atodev Points
A signed color picture of your game’s hero by one of our artists
Advertising across the network’s sites (Established and in progress.)
(And potentially more to come.)
Click here to enter: http://atodev3.com/events/2012/07/blue-comp-1-summer-2012/